Thursday, May 3, 2012

GI Appointment

We went to the GI on Monday.  The news wasn't so good, but it was what I expected.  She stopped gaining weight since we lowered her Pediasure intake during the day.  It's been about 6 months that she has been around 25 pounds.  So we had to up her intake during the night.  We have to increase it a little at a time but she will eventually be up to 3 cans instead of 2.  She will keep drinking one can during the day along with eating whatever she wants.

It's hard to fatten a child up in a world that is trying to go fat-free.  Most cheeses are made with skim milk and same with yogurt.  I'm trying to look for fattening things and don't really find too much except for unhealthy food.  Obviously I don't want to have my child eating only junk food.

So I guess the questions will be arising is why she has such trouble gaining weight?  Is there something medically wrong with her that she can't?  Will she be on the tube forever?  I'm not seeing an end in sight any time soon.  She has had it for a year already.  Boy time flies.  What does this mean when she starts school?  It's hard to picture her in kindergarten with a tube, but I don't see it any other way.  She has had several tests done and nothing showed signs of their being a medical problem, but I'm sure they have more tests on their mind.

So now we just have to sit and wait to see if she gains weight.  We have to do a weight check in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment