Sunday, April 15, 2012

Those Random Fevers

Well there's been a lot going on.  I found out the random fevers were caused by pnemonia.  We tried to treat her at home, but we could only do it for a day.  She was admitted into the hospital on Thursday.  While here, they discovered a second pneumonia.  She does well for part of the day.  She is off the IV and is getting fed pedialyte through the gtube.  We tried her normal pediasure but there were complications with that feeding last night.  She started throwing up mucus and spiked a high fever.  They thought she was getting better and that we would go home today but then last night changed their minds, and mine.  I can't take her home and take care of her.  That's a hard thing to say as a parent, that you can't care for your child.  But reality is, we haven't been able to.  That's why we have nurses throughout the evening.  It's hard seeing her so sick but it is easier than watching her have seizures.  I feel like I'm in prision.  I can't leave the room unless someone is here to watch her.  My eating schedule revolves around that.  The weekends are easier because Drew can come here and we rotating eating shifts.  All Liv has gotten to do is sit on a bed.  I'm taking another week off work to be with her, even if we do go home.  I'm missing freedom!

1 comment:

  1. :( I hear ya.... when we are in the hospital Quinn freaks if i even think of leaving his side... so I have to wait for Kev to come and I can sneak to go to the bathroom. Or I have to haul him into the bathroom with me and hope he doesnt sez and fall on the concrete fall as I pee as fast as I can !! Lord help me if I need to take a #2. Hoping she starts to feel better soon and you can head home :)

    ReplyDelete