Monday, April 9, 2012

Epilepsy Walk

The walk was not was I was expecting.  It was great to see so many people and sponsers and good vibes, however, I was not having good vibes.  Being there made me cry.  Everyone is so happy and supportive to the ones they came with.  I only saw 2 children younger than Liv that had epilepsy.  I didn't get any connections like I had hoped.  When I talk about my daughter's complications, it makes me cry.  Maybe someday I will get past that.  Everyone was in such good moods like they don't have a complication.  I understand you need to embrace it, but it doesn't mean that it's not scary and that it's easy to live with.  So as we are walking (and Liv is sleeping), I saw a family that had shirts on that said "in loving memory" and had a picture of a girl that was about 5.  That really made the tears flow.  I mean they lost their child and are still there walking to support.  What's even weirder to me is that they were in good spirits too.  Why am I the only one so upset?  Most people had large support teams there with her and we only had the three of us.  It was sad.  I'm glad we raised about 800 dollars though.

No comments:

Post a Comment