Friday, December 30, 2011

Relying on Others

As you know, Liv has nurses that watch her every night.  Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I was supposed to go watch my husband play at a restaurant.  The only reason he took this gig was because I could go and we could be together.  Well her nurse called out.  She's going out of state to be with family.  I really try to have relationships with the nurses.  There has to be trust and a bond in order to help Liv.  I just don't understand why she couldn't have talked to me about it and we could have made arrangements or Drew would have not agreed to play.  But since she waited until today, only a nurse that has never been here before can come.  This means I can't go out because they don't know Liv and she doesn't know them.  Imagine waking to a stranger and your parents are anywhere in sight.  She already gets stressed when I just go to the bathroom or get a drink.  So we told the company that we didn't want her as a nurse anymore.  She called me to talk it through but I can't rely on her now.  I mean it's not like she just found out about the trip today.  She could have talked to me last Saturday or something.  I hate dismissing a nurse that we've had for 6 months, but I lost trust.  So my NYE is me, a nurse I never met and Liv sleeping. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this. I really hate it when people can't discuss things ahead of time. Then again, I sometimes struggle with this myself. I hope the nurse learns a lesson!

    Take care,
    Preston

    ReplyDelete