Saturday, March 29, 2014

Off to a Rough Start

I went into Liv's room to relieve the nurse this morning, only to find Liv sitting on the floor quietly.  That struck me as odd for a minute and I moved passed it when she reached for me to pick her up.  The nurse tells me that she had no fevers, no seizures, and slept well.  The three things that I love to hear.  But she was still quiet.  I know she doesn't talk, but she babbles and loudly, at that.  
She didn't let me out of her sight and wanted to sit with me the whole time.  She didn't want to watch Mickey Mouse or Sesame Street.  Again, I thought something was going on.  Those are the only two shows that she will watch in the morning.  This time, she wanted to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  Yes I'm aware that it's not an appropriate show for a little kid, but she likes it and doesn't understand it.  I'm not really sure why she likes it but it's the only adult show she lets us watch.  
She started falling asleep for her nap at 8:30 am.  She usually doesn't fall asleep until 9.  She just laid on me and I cuddled her.  About 10 minutes later she started twitching.  I thought she was having a dream or a sleep seizure.  I look down and notice that it's a seizure with her eyes wide open.  It lasted about 1 minute and then 2 more followed.  I had to give her emergency meds today and it wasn't even 9 am.  I was worried what would come of the rest of the day.
The Diastat is usually potent and wipes her out for a long time, but not today.  She only napped for an hour and a half and woke up ready to go.  She became extremely attached to daddy and wouldn't let him out of her sight.  When he left for the bathroom, she screamed bloody murder.
After my migraine dissipated, I decided to go to the grocery store as planned.  I offered to take Liv with me.  I don't usually do that but I knew that if she didn't get out of the house, we would be in for it later.  So off we went.  I was so scared that I would be alone with her and need to give her emergency meds in the store.  She didn't have seizures, if fact, she had a blast.  I put her in the cart that has a car in the front.  She loved it.  She was still quiet but she did make herself at home by taking off her right shoe and sock.  She beeped the horn at least 100 times before leaving the store.
Then it was dinner, bath, and bed.  What started off to be a rough day, turned out to be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment