Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Some People Just Don't Get It

My husband and I are feeling like we have to keep a lot of our decisions and information about Olivia to ourselves.  We are constantly being judged by what we do.  Not from people online, but people that we know.  The funny thing is that we never put our suggestions on parents because it's not appropriate for parents to tell other parents how to do things with their child.  I can't believe what some people say to us when they have no idea what it is like to raise a special needs child.  I really appreciate the people that look to us as if we are knowledgeable and are making the best decisions for our family.  I guess I don't know when I gave everyone a signal that I want to be ridiculed about the way I run my life and family.  My husband and I have harsh decisions to make weekly, life changing decisions.  No one is with us when that information is gathered and presented.  So how is it that people feel they have an educated decision in our lives?  Yes it's easy for everyone to say to just ignore the comments, but it's much easier said than done.  Remember, these comments are coming from people we know.  None of them have a special needs child or have any clue what it takes to raise one.  I just wish people would keep their rude thoughts to themselves.  Sorry for the rant but sometimes I have to let it out or I'll explode.  This was brought on by a comment made today while I was resting in between my daughter's grand mal seizures and needing emergency meds.  We are also hoping that we don't have to go to the hospital today.  I wish people would just take a minute and think before they talk.  I really didn't need the comment on what I should do with my daughter in the midst of chaos that's happening in the home.  I could see if this was a one time occurrence, but many people feel that they should have a say in our lives and they have no idea what is even happening at the time that they are saying it.  I need a vacation.  Sorry if the pictures on Facebook and the updates have offended anyone, I won't be posted them anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment