Friday, December 27, 2013

The Little Things

These past couple of days I have spent reflecting on how much Olivia never ceases to amaze me.

To My Little Girl:
I love how you stick out your tongue and make raspberries and then have to itch your face because it tickles you.
I love how you hold onto my ear like it's a security blanket.
I love how you smile at least 100 times a day.
I love how you forgive instantaneously.
I love how you rub my arm when you are sleepy.
I love how you still would rather nap in my arms.
I love how you laugh at things out of the ordinary.
I love how you show great amounts of determination each day.
I love how you make nurses at the hospital love you because you have such a great personality.
I love how you kiss me about 10 times a day.
I love how you could just spend the whole day sitting on the couch with me, watching tv of course.
I love how you have boundaries for yourself.
I love how everything is so exciting and new and fun in your eyes.
I love how proud you get for yourself when you learn something new.
I love how you want to include everyone in the room.
I love how you think I'm the greatest thing (because I think that of you too).
I love how you want to snuggle all of the time.
I love how you show fear for only one thing (going down steps).
I love when you want every one's attention that you just start talking really loudly and flaring your arms around so we have to notice you.
I love how you show appreciation.
I love how you are so strong and brave.
I love that you know you can depend on me.
I love how you are curious.
I love your laugh.
I love that you have learned to say mama.
I love how every day is a new day with you.
I love how you don't judge.
I love how you are such a bed hog that you take up the whole thing, even though you are so tiny.
I love how you are up for anything.
I love how you lean on me so that your face is on mine to get skin to skin contact.
I love how you are particular (even though it can be challenging at times).
 
I will keep watching you and to remember to always look for those little things that I appreciate so much.  

1 comment: