Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something Good and Something Annoying

I'll start with annoying so I can end on a good note. Today I was in the bookstore looking for books for parents of special needs children. The lady next to me tells me that my daughter sounds congested. Olivia has sounded that way her whole life. I said to the lady to just leave it alone. As if I don't take care of my daughter. So she tells me that she used to work with children and that she was a pre-school teacher. Like that means you know everything about children. I said that she has a lot of health problems and I was really trying to get out of the conversation, but the lady couldn't take a hint. So then she said that she is probably fussing because she wants to get out and walk around. I'm like she doesn't even walk. Grrr. I just wish some people would mind their own business.
Something good- Last night Livy fell asleep in our bed and out of nowhere she starts laughing. I mean really laughing. She never does that. We have talked to her therapist about why she doesn't laugh and they said that it takes certain muscles that she probably has to work out first. She definitely shows us that she is happy and squeals joyous sounds, but never an actual laugh. It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment