Friday, September 30, 2011

Updates

We got Liv's evaluation back from Elwin and it's a little tough hearing all of the delays that your child has.  As a parent you tend to think they can do more than they actually can.  On a good note, because she is so delayed, she will get many services to help her out.

A couple of days ago Liv got topical staph infection but at least the meds are clearing it up quickly.

She is getting her button changed today because it's been about 3 months.  They said we can do it ourselves, but I'm not ready to see her stomach.  Yuck.  The nurses can change it.

Apparently I was supposed to do a renewal form for Liv's insurance.  The problem is that I've never got one, so I never knew that I was supposed to do that.  Her insurance is terminated as of tomorrow.  I did apply for it again on Tuesday and I'm hoping to get a response soon.  She will be covered and since it's an easy case, I'm just hoping for it to happen quickly.  We made sure we stocked up on meds and supplies quickly before it expires.  Her nursing care will still continue because any expenses that occur during this lapse will be back paid when I get the insurance again.  So I'm very happy that she will still go to medical daycare and have nurses.

Oh the joys of everything we have to go through to make sure Liv gets what she needs and deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment