Thursday, October 6, 2011

Insurance Issues

Tuesday was a crazy day!  I got a call around 10:30 am that Liv was no longer allowed to having a nursing staff overnight due to her being dropped from her insurance.  Of course I handed in all of the paperwork to solve the insurance problem, but they said it can take up to 30 days to get it.  I prayed a lot and made phone calls to see what I could accomplish to get Liv a nurse for the night.  I hate going to the welfare office, but it's amazing what you will do for your child.  The nurse that runs her daycare made a phone call to a friend that helps people who have fallen through the cracks of the system with their special needs children.  The reason she was dropped was because we never filled out a renewal.  I never knew about it.  I never knew she had a caseworker that was supposed to make sure it happened.  So the advocacy took our case.  We also found out that during this lapse, insurance will back pay any expenses occurring now.  The nursing agency pulled some strings to allow her to get services since they will get paid in the future.  So after all these calls and prayers, by 5:00, it was confirmed that she would have a nurse.  I never realized how much we depend on these services and how much of a blessing it is to have them for my baby.  Thank goodness for medical assistance for special needs children.  I can't even image how little my daughter would have if we didn't have it.  The insurance hasn't been settled yet, but everything is being taken care of, so I'm very happy.   It's nice to know that there are good people out there and you can lean on them at a time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment