Sunday, October 16, 2011

Left Behind

There's been times that we've missed out on things because Liv can't get around well.  Before the walker it was even harder.  It's not that I expect everyone to cater to Olivia's needs, that's my job.  But I wish there was a way to be included all the time.  I guess this is the way things are going to be and I need to accept them.  We can't go to parks with friends because Liv can't climb on anything.  We were supposed to go with friends to an orchard today but plans changed and they went to another orchard.  Since there were no pictures on the website, I had no idea if Liv would be able to walk around on pavement.  So we didn't go.  I met up with her nurse that has a disabled son at the original orchard and had a good time.  It breaks my heart to know that there are going to be times that we will be left out.  The children she grew up with are just getting too skilled for her. I guess I need to find a way to meet parents of special needs children.  I need to find kids that go at Liv's speed.


I don't want anyone to be upset when they read this.  This is a blog about how I feel and what's going on in my life with my child.  I needed to express this.  Please don't take this the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment