Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fun Time with Friends

Yesterday we went to a birthday party and saw friends from the mom's group I used to be in.  It was great to see the children that Livy used to play with (still does sometimes).  They have all grown and developed so fast.  It's crazy when children a year younger are doing so much more than your child.  Sometimes I can't stay at parties like that because it gets upsetting, but this time I was ok.  I guess it's because I missed everyone or maybe I'm learning to accept it more.  Sometimes I like her learning at a slower pace because it really makes me appreciate every little thing she learns.  We always make such a big deal when she learns something new.  She's just amazing to watch.  She kept smiling at the kids and sometimes they stopped and sat down next to her.  She really enjoyed being there even though she couldn't keep up.  It's amazing what kids can teach us.  They don't see disabilities at that age, they just see Olivia.  I hope it continues to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment