Saturday, August 20, 2011

Insomnia is Finally Over!

So Liv started Trileptal about 3 weeks ago to help with her seizures.  About a week ago we noticed that Liv was having the hardest time sleeping, which meant so did we.  She would just sit and cry.  It was awful.  Yesterday we figured out that it was the meds.  So we took her off of it without a doctor telling us it was ok.  I mean I can't wean her off because I couldn't stay awake for another night.  I was losing it.  So we put her on a back of med just in case and gave her some benedryl to help her sleep.  We figured it out for sure because she napped today and went to sleep at her normal time.  I'm so happy.  I sure was missing sleep.  Well now that we discovered 3 seizure meds give her side effects, I wonder what we will try next.  What a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment