Saturday, November 26, 2011

Upcoming Appointments

Liv has two important doctor appointments coming up.  One is Endocrinology which we discuss her Turner's Syndrome and what our next step is going to be with dealing with it.  There's not too much to do now, but we discuss the future.  They want her to take growth hormones, but not yet.  Olivia is the youngest patient they have ever had.  Usually Turner's isn't discovered until a girl never gets her period.  The other appointment is with a Developmental Pediatrician.  We will finally get some answers as to what she will be capable of doing.  Maybe even find out if she is MR or going to talk.  We have waited almost a year for this appointment, so we are very anxious.  I am bracing myself for bad news.  We usually get bad news at stuff like this and I never prepare myself for it.  I guess that's why I've been a little depressed the pass couple of days.  I'm coming to terms with the fact that my daughter might never talk.  It's hard to deal with.  I've never heard my husband say it, and he did this week.  Hopefully she will prove us wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment