Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Over What She Can't Do

I feel like every time I turn around, I hear about someone's child learning something new.  I look at the children she grew up with and realize that they are light-years ahead of her.  I still feel like I have an infant.  I would like to have another child, but then I would have 2 babies.  I think the hardest is that she can't talk.  Everyone's children are learning so many new words every day and mine can't talk.  I wish she could show the world how smart she is.  When she was born I already was thinking about everything I can teach her before she gets into Kindergarten, but now I don't even know what to do.  We just take it one day at a time.  Everything that she learns is a blessing, but why can't she talk?  I feel like I could handle the slow learning better if she could talk to me.  I know that she is here to teach me things that I never imagined, but it gets hard.  Sometimes I just want her to be like everyone else.  Why can't she be?  Why can't she say mama?  Why can't she at least learn sign language.  I would love to communicate with my daughter.  I feel so helpless.  I would love to give this child everything, but it's not my job to construe God's will.  I know He will guide us through this, but it sure is frustrating.  God, grant me the strength to take care of the child you have sent me.  Give me the patience that I need when learning to understand her wants and needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment