Thursday, March 17, 2011

Everything Is Happening So Quickly

Yesterday I stayed home with Liv because she hadn't slept in 3 days.  I needed to take her to the doctors to find out what's going on.  She just has a little cold, but since she has a tube in her nose, she really couldn't breathe.  Poor thing.  My husband and I decided that we were just going to push through with getting the gtube surgery.  This way we wouldn't have to jam a tube down her nose and tape it to her cheek, however, it's surgery for putting a tube right into her belly.  I had a pre op appointment today and the surgery is scheduled for Monday morning.  I can't believe she is going to have this so fast.  She's going to have it before we go to DC.  I never imagined this.  I hope this is the right decision.  The doctor was going to make her get it anyways, but we just jumped up the time line.  I'm sure I'll write in on Sunday saying how nervous I am.  Where's the relief?  Where's the day of relaxation?  Where's the calmness?  When can I breathe again?  I guess whenever she walks herself over to me in the walker and gives me this huge smile of unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment