Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Sigh of Relief

All of your prayers were heard.  I'm so blessed that God helped us so quickly (and the doctors).  Liv is doing so much better today.  It's amazing what meds can do.  Her breathing is normal and she is off the tube.  She started eating some Pediasure on her own today.  It's not much, but it's good to see her have an appetite. They will start the feedings in the tube tonight.  It won't be the full amount just to see how she does with it.  We will get out Thursday morning.  Trust me, it can't come quick enough.  Both Drew and I have to go through a training in order to take her home.  They couldn't schedule it until Thursday.  Oh well, it's supposed to be nasty outside tomorrow anyways! 
Whenever I'm here, I always realize how much worse this could be.  Yesterday I met a mom in the prayer room.  Her son is 4 and has cancer.  He had gone through 15 months of treatment prior to now, but it's back.  He is terminal.  The whole time we talked, she was trying to comfort me.  She came to see Olivia.  I wish there was something I could do, but she kept saying the God has a plan for him.  It's good to see that she believes that.  She said that he has opened her to a world she never knew, which I have mentioned that to many of you before.  And I know my friends with special needs children know exactly what I'm talking about.  I wish there were extra prayers that I could say for Trey, but I guess this is the best I can do.  I will always remember her and her story.  She has touched my life forever.  I have never seen someone so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment