Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're Still Here

Everything went yesterday.  There's always hiccups in procedures with Olivia.  We knew that, but I guess for some odd reason, we thought this would be different since it's a 15 min procedure.  We went back to the waiting room at 11.  They checked her vitals and we thought everything was moving quickly.  They were supposed to take her to the table at 12:30.  Liv has a seizure at noon.  Since she had some on Saturday, they were concerned.  We told them that we knew coming in today that she would have seizures, but since she usually doesn't have 2 sets of them in a week, they needed to get it cleared by neurology to proceed.  She didn't go back to the table until about 2:30.  So much for a quick 15 min procedure.  We got up to the GI suite around 4.  They put the feeding tube in around 6.  She did well with her night feedings.  She of course is teething (why not?).  And not just 1 tooth, it's at least 5 teeth.  We are waiting to get some orajel so she will take a nap.  In order to go home, we must have training.  The training classes are booked today, unless they get another nurse to help.  If so, we can do the training at 4 then go home.  If not, we are booked for a class tomorrow morning.  We should be home tomorrow evening at the latest.  As part of the training, we have to place a tube down Liv's nose.  We have to do it before we can go home.  I'm not looking forward to it, but it's just another thing that many other parents experience, so why not me?  I feel like I could be a nurse from all of the things I have to do for my daughter.  Maybe I got into the wrong profession.  It looks like Drew got her to fall asleep, so it's time to go eat!
On another note, I hope my father-in-law is doing well.   Please keep him in your prayers.  He was on the OR table the same time as Liv yesterday.  He had to get a pacemaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment