Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life at Home with the Tube... So Far

Things aren't going as well as I had hoped.  I kept feeling dampness around her last night, only to learn this morning that her plug wasn't all of the way in.  That means she was leaking stomach acid on her bed all night.  WHOOPS!  She was running a fever and we gave her some Tylenol.  Then she puked 10 mins later.  Thank God a nurse is on their way here for after care.  I mean if it wasn't the tube that made her puke, then what was it?  Our shipment of all of the supplies came, which is huge.  I feel like our home is being overrun by our daughter between toys and medical supplies/medicine.  On a good note, the pump is small and very transportable.  That will make the trip to DC a little less stressful.  The pump goes in a small book bag and it hooks up to her tube.  People won't even notice anything is happening.

Well the nurse just left and I'm feeling a little more confident about all of this.  I hope it works out tonight.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment